Can you believe I would even write, “I love dowel rods”? It is true! I heart them. I do! Dowel rods are useful, simple and make great pointers… to the spider in the porch corner.
Let me count the ways.
- I use them to hang small quilt blocks.
- To hold thread and bobbins… Hoot, aka Mr. McHugs, drilled holes in a wooden cutting board for a thread holder. Wait…you can’t? I bet someone you know can do this for you.
- Separated and mismatched threads and spools? Keep them together…like bread and butter. All I did was hot glue a shortened dowel rod to a button. For the middle one, I added a second dowel to the top of the button.
- Hang ribbon on a dowel rod between two small boards.
- As a pointer! For real! And, yes, it is time to power wash the porch.
See? I love dowel rods! Simple, useful and the very best pointers!
Do you love dowel rods, too? Show me!
With love from Texas,