I love to Reuse & Repurpose! It’s how I organize my chaos. After a day of working, my studio is chaos. Organized chaos I can live with. To your eye it may not be organized. To mine, it works.
Recently, my friend, Anita K., urged me to share some of my organizational ideas. I take it that she likes my reuse-repurpose ideas. So, here we go:
- I was given this oh-so-cute little ceramic jar from my friend, Pat F. recently. It was designed by Patricia DuPont in 1998. Not yet vintage but in perfect condition. The ladybugs are just charming. I decided to use it for sewing notions… and my tweezers and fabric pen. It will sit next to the sewing machine.
- The lamb. Oh, the lamb. My youngest granddaughter’s initials are LAM…so her Momma (my daughter, Ashli) decorated her nursery in vintage items, teals and soft pinks. And, she had this little lamb in the room. When Lorelai’s room was updated into her big girl room, I got the lamb back. I made a beanbag style pin cushion and just stuck it in the opening. I treasure that little Lamb. Look at that face!
- The little flour sifter is a vintage piece I’ve had it for years. Another beanbag style pincushion and viola, ready to use.
- The wooden box is a part of an old, and small, butter churn. Now I use it for my markers. To keep them upright, I put some bean bags in the open end to help the markers stay upright.
- The Bedspring Pin cushion out of wool was a sweet gift from my friend Kim S. So creative, cute and fun! I love it.
- Some of my vintage thread spools are safely tucked in what used-to-be my husbands’ golf ball display case. It sat around for a few years until I reused and repurposed it. Other vintage threads were hot-glued to a wreath made of burlap that was a garage sale find for $2.
- More vintage thread spools are collected in vases and jars of different sizes and shapes but always clear.
- My ice dyed fabrics are stored in drawers that were rescued from a throw-away sewing machine cabinet. Throw away because it had been damaged and left outside. I’ll repurpose those cute drawers!
- I repurposed an old Wilshire cheese wooden box into my favorite pin cushion and pen holder. It is always on my cutting mat.
I admit, sometimes I feel like I work in chaos. I try to stay organized. How do YOU Reuse & Repurpose?
Have a blessed day!